outofbluebooks

Out of the Blue

Italian book blogger. Loves Jane Austen, ice cream, and the colour blue.

Matters of Faith

Matters of Faith - Kristy Kiernan The turning points in my life have always arrived disguised as daily life. I never get the opportunity or have the sixth sense to stop and examine them, to time-stamp them on my soul, whisper to myself that this, this thing, this simple boat ride in the Everglades, this phone ringing, this drive home twenty minutes late, was the thing that might do me in.

I won Matters of Faith by Kristy Kiernan a while ago at a giveaway hosted by Heather at Age 30+... A Lifetime of Books. I read it today during the Read-a-thon. It was a great book, perhaps the best I've read during the Read-a-thon. The style reminded me a bt of Jodi Picoult, which in my eyes is a big compliment.

At age twelve, Marshall Tobias saw his best friend Ira killed by a train. Then he began his search for faith - delving into one tradition, then discarding it for another. His parents, however, have little time for spiritual contemplation. Their focus has been on his little sister Meghan, who suffers from sever food allergies.

Now Marshall is home from college with his first real girlfriend. Meghan is thrilled to have her around, but there is more to Ada than mettes the eye - including her beliefs about the evils of medical intervention. In a time for dire crisis, the Tobias family have to face npt only the limits of faith, but also those of family, forgiveness, and our need to believe.

This was a great book. I'd recommend it for sure.