outofbluebooks

Out of the Blue

Italian book blogger. Loves Jane Austen, ice cream, and the colour blue.

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)

Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2) - Colleen Hoover E-galley received for review through Netgalley.

Point of Retreat picks up a few months after Slammed ended. Layken's mother is dead, and she's now taking care of her little brother and studying in college. Will is still living next door; although they'd like to move in together, they feel they are not ready. In fact, they haven't slept together yet, as they promised Layken's mother that they would wait at least a year after getting together. Now their first anniversary is approaching, but Layken and Will are going to have to face a few obstacles that will drive them apart.

Point of Retreat is written as a series of entries from Will's journal. It's an interesting narrative device, as we're privy to all his inner thoughts and emotions. However, I didn't like this book as much as the previous installment. I'm not sure why. I think the plot is not very strong in this one. The whole story is driven by the question: will-they-or-won't-they? Personally, I found it quite unlikely that they would wait so long before sleeping together, but anyway.

I know there's a third book in the series, titled This Girl. I'm not sure I want to read it. Maybe I should have stopped after the first one. I think I'm going to have a look at a few reviews before I decide if I want to give it a try.