outofbluebooks

Out of the Blue

Italian book blogger. Loves Jane Austen, ice cream, and the colour blue.
Every Day - David Levithan Every day A wakes up in the body of a different person. A never knows who it will be, but they're always sixteen-year-old kids, like him/her. It's always been like this for A and s/he accept it graciously, trying not to interfere and not to get noticed. They usually never remember they were possessed. One day A wakes up as Justin and meets his girlfriend, Rhiannon. They spend a nice day at the beach. A starts to fall in love with her and tries to be with her every day, regardless of the body s/he's inhabiting. But one of the boys A has been wakes up remembering that he was possessed, and tries to get in touch with A.

A is a strange being who wakes up every day in the body of a different person. S/he has no real sex, and has fallen in love before both with boys and girls. S/he usually tries bot to interfere in the life of the body he's possessing, as to never leave a distinct trace. That is, until he meets Rhiannon and falls in love with her. He understands that her boyfriend doesn't treat her well, and wishes s/he could be with her instead. This brings A to tell Rhiannon everything about his/her identity. Moreover, another boy whose body A has inhabited comes forward and looks after him/her; he wants to know more about his/her nature. And shockingly, A might not be the only creature who can inhabit other people's bodies.

I heard very high praise for this book, so I was very curious about it. Maybe I was expecting too much. I liked it, and was quite disappointed when it came to an almost abrupt end. I wish this book had a sequel, or at the very least that it were longer; I'd be very curious about what happens after the ending.