outofbluebooks

Out of the Blue

Italian book blogger. Loves Jane Austen, ice cream, and the colour blue.
Wake - Lisa McMann Janie Hannagan’s math book slips from her fingers. She grips the edge of the table in the school library. Everything goes black and silent. She sighs and rests her head on the table. Tries to pull herself out of it, but fails miserably. She’s too tired today. Too hungry. She really doesn’t have time for this.
And then.

I picked up Wake by Lisa McMann on a whim for the R.I.P. Challenge. It's a nice, spooky book about a girl with the ability to step into people's dreams.
Seventeen-year-old Janie Hannagan has always been sucked into the dreams of whoever is near her. She can't help it, it's uncontrollable and unpredictable, and she wants it all to stop. But it's been happening to her ever since she could remember. It's a burden for her more than a gift, expecially when she finds herself in other people's nightmares.
Then there's this guy at her school. He always sleeps during her study halls. When Janie gets sucked into his dreams it's not a pretty picture. His are possibly the worst nightmares. Then she gets to know him. And for the first time in her life, she has her own dream...and he's in it.

Will Janie ever be able to control her problem?
I thought Wake was a good book. The writing has an essential, sleepy, dream-like quality that well matches the topic of the book. All in all, a good book for the Hallowe'en season.