outofbluebooks

Out of the Blue

Italian book blogger. Loves Jane Austen, ice cream, and the colour blue.
The Girl with the Iron Touch - Kathryn Smith E-galley received thgouh Netgalley for review.

The Girl with the Iron Touch is the third installment in Kady Cross's Steampunk Chronicles series centered on the adventures of a group of "misfits" in a 1897 steampunk version of London. After coming back home from the United States, Griffin has become thin and sickly-looking. His friends are worried, especially Finley, who is hurt that Griffin doesn't trust her enough to confide in her. But when Emily is kidnapped by a group of automatons, the group must find a way to rescue her before it's too late.

I liked this book. It is fast-paced and exciting. It was good to find out more about Emily and her story. I was slightly disappointed that there was not much Emily/Sam in it, but the Finley/Griffin parts made up for it. Their love scenes are steamy hot and appealed to the fangirl in me - those two are my favourite couple in the series; they are so good together. I was slightly puzzled about Jack Dandy, because I think I read somewhere that Jack kisses Finley in this book - but I don't remember it happening in the book (and I'm sort of grateful about it, even though Griffin could use some help in not taking Finley for granted).

I thought this book was going to be the conclusion of the series, but apparently there will be at least another book after this, or at least, some plot threads are left hanging. Will our friends manage to get rid of their evil enemy once and for all? Hopefully...